Technology in brief
Stimulation increases production from oil and gas wells. However, in many wells, stimulation is a third of the well cost. That is why we focus on making efficient stimulation a part of rig operations. All aspects are materially improved: Operations, logistics, HSE, predictability, cost and productivity. All our efforts go into making advanced solutions to make your operations simple.
Fishbones Stimulation Technology
Fishbones stimulation systems are open hole liner completions that connect the well and the reservoir in an efficient operation.
Fishbones operations are simple; run the reservoir liner string as normal. Circulate fluids with the rig pumps. A large number of small diameter laterals jet or drill out from the wellbore to penetrate the reservoir.
You will spend less than half a day of rigtime on an operation that does not require additional fluids or pumps.
Reasons to choose Fishbones
- Increase productivity by connecting the well to the reservoir with up to 300 laterals.
- Accelerate production by integrating stimulation in your drilling program.
- Avoid water or unwanted gas by predictable penetration and location of the laterals.
- Simplify logistics by using rig pumps and significantly less fluids.
- Accelerate progress by avoiding cementing, perforating, cleanouts, running frac strings and other operations.
- Reduce HSE exposure by reducing the number of operations and man-hours. Reduce the environmental impact by reducing emissions and by using less fluids.
- Avoid flow back and disposal of fluid from hydraulic fracturing.
- Effective reservoir conductivity may be low due to layering or faulting. The layers or faults can be penetrated and drained by Fishbones with the mother bore not even penetrating the faults.
- Different intervals have different pressures and can be hard to effectively hydraulically stimulate. Fishbones allows you to stimulate zones with different pressure regimes.
Simfish reservoir simulator
Simfish is a simplified reservoir simulation model to optimize the Fishbones designs.
With Simfish we can generate Eclipse compatible wellbore geometry so that you can try it in your full field model.
Support from Governmental supported agencies
Fishbones is pleased to receive governmental support through the agencies of Innovation Norway and The Research Council of Norway.